We all know that E3 doesn’t REALLY start until Nintendo’s conference, but I’m still wasting some time before Microsoft gets to show me their version of casual gaming with a terrible product name: (Insect! Er, Knicted! or something… ), so here are my predictions for this year’s E3, and a place where we can all talk about the stupid things that all 3 companies do!
Getting the obvious out of the way:
- Kinect is a stupid word.
- Gears of War 3 will be shown, I’m hoping it’s more like GoW1 and less like 2.
- Kinect / Natal still looks silly.
- Milo will be back and creepy as ever.
- Halo: Reach campaign will be shown, and will be awesome.
- Zelda will totally be sweet and I might forgive Nintendo for 30 minutes of sales charts because of it.
- Pikmin 3 will rock.
- Everyone in the media will instantly forget they ever played Wii Sports Resort and pretend like Move is something new.
Less obvious guesswork:
- MS will try to show some core games working with Nat…Kinect, using a controller while also tracking body lean and head movement.
- bunch of core game sizzle trailers to make us feel like us real gamers haven’t been forgotten.
- MGS Rising footage for the omgz the Xbox has MGS! Shock value
- Connect Fit, nuff said.
- Wiimote pointer controlled Starfox.
- New Retro game (though IGN’s insisting that it’s a new Donkey Kong game, which wouldn’t have been my first guess…).
- Zelda Wii controls super awesomely and is very beautiful.
- 3DS totally owns PS3′s version of 3D for the sole reason that it doesn’t require stupid glasses and a screen that’s unviewable to anyone not wearing them (not needing to buy a whole new TV is a plus, too).
- Going to try very very hard that Wii isn’t 300 times better than Move at FPS games.
- Another Play, Create, Share game? I dunno.
- PSP2 will have 2 analogue sticks… Probably…
Update: I’m pretty sure the 3DS will be able to play virtual console games (not sure if it’ll be the same store or separate, since it would require different emulators, hoping it would just be the same, like the PSP and PS3), but the 3DS SHOULD be able to play n64 games in 3d, since it’s emulating them, and there’s not all that many on the store, so it wouldn’t be hard to test them all.