[update: Everything done!]
World 2 update 1.5 is fast approaching. ’1.5′ sounds like a good version number to make substantial changes at, so I’m fixing a few problems that have popped up since the initial release, as well as spending time on a few little details that weren’t big enough to delay the game further. So basically, yes, I’m patching World 2 as if it were a retail game.
I’m posting the list because, well, if you can think of anything that you think deserves to be fixed, now’s your time to post it in the comments.
- Added a stopwatch, like World 1 on Kongregate.
- Best time displayed in trophy/colors room.
- Angry Rabbit won’t just jump over you now.
- 2 squiggles added to boss battle, getting them lets you take one more hit before dying. They’re the only squiggles that come back after you die.
-Screen blinking after loading improved… mostly…
- Added another sign about wall jumping to Level 4
- Exaggerated spiders crawling over you when you’re defeated.
- Player now needs to hold the direction away from the wall to let go a wall jump, so players switching directions with the jump won’t accidently cancel the wall jump.
- Fixed Geier’s name to match the rest in credits
- New inky walls transitional level
- New ‘ladder’ moving platforms transitional level
- fixed wall jump to ledge hang notches in the Level 5 wall that leads to the Afro Dojo
- FPM can plow through baddies now if he’s sliding or rolling fast enough (which would be faster than a run, so still no easy mass spider killing) (you guys wanted this one, no?)
- invincible for a few frames after sliding into something so if you hit two spiders that are taking up the same space, you won’t get hurt
- music on / off toggle saved after game is closed
Edit: stuff update!
- Finished Level 5 background (FINALLY, looks so much better now )
- option to reset game data (I’ve promised a few people this, though I’m not sure how I should implement it, I guess I can break the rules for something as important as that and make it clickable…)
- update ‘matrix backflip’ head and hair
- update getting hurt clip
- and a bunch of other little stupid things that I can’t believe got through testing, ugh
- fixed spring/baddie jump hair
- cleaned up slopes transitional level
- cleaned up duck motion lines
- Level 4 background finished, background not empty anymore, woot.
I’m hoping I can get all of this finished
tomorrow in the near future…