Another year and another promise to update this site more often, heh.
Got a new build of Mirror’s Edge 2D up yet again, but this one adds a little something special.
I’m adding ‘evidence’ to this build. Evidence is another set of collectible items, but they’re only found in smaller rooms, protected by the bad guys. Yep, that’s right, you’ll be able to check out how I’m handling baddies in this build! The one baddie room I have in there right now is very simple and fairly easy, but it’s just the first one, so don’t worry about that.
A few tips for collecting evidence:
– You’ll have to find the room hidden in the main level, remember, look for red.
– Your health will regenerate pretty quickly, cover is your friend!
– Watch where he’s looking. Time your running appropriately.
– If you die while carrying evidence out of the level, you’ll drop it.
– If you’re pinned down, wait for him to reload.
I wanted to include this in the beta since it’s quite a bit different from how bad guys are handled in ME3D. I’d like to see what you guys think of it.
Also of note, hitting R while paused now will reset your lap, instead of reloading the entire level. Should be useful for for speed runs.
And last but not least, a round of apologies for my terrible temporary background artwork in the baddie level.