Remember, it’s just a teaser! There’s no baddies yet that actually take advantage of the combat, and very limited audio, but I wanted you guys to be able to check out the bunch of animation I’ve been working on for way too long now.
Sometimes you just gotta go a-stompin’…
Video Q&A (to make this easier on me, gonna try and answer the more general questions here):
How does sheathing the pencil work?
– He does it automatically during normal levels, after running a bit, or jumping. No separate button, but for now, ducking forces a sheath.
Does this mean that old levels are getting redone for World 3
– Maybe, maybe not, I just still like the first level of the first world of FPA, haha. Soooo much better with the newer physics, too.
Should FPA carrying the pencil on his back instead of it disappearing?
– Probably, I’ll have to do some tests, as long as it’s not distracting.
Is there a separate key for using the pencil?
– Yeah, it’s A or D right now. All the moves are done by either tapping or holding one of them. So it’s only one button, just set to either of those right now.
Can the ricochet scratches hit other enemies?
– They better, would be a wasted opportunity if they didn’t 😀 Might have to fiddle with the trajectory to make that easier.
Parts that take specific advantage of the pencil? / Many baddie sections
Bring back those hideous and terribly drawn flying dog / dragon things from World 1!
– I really should, huh? Man, those were embarrassing…
Will there be a running attack?
– There certainly should be, there isn’t one animated now, though.
XBox Live and/or PSN?
– I’d sure love to. But yeah, that’s a full port there. Regardless, I want World 3 to be as good if not better than most games that come out on either of those services 😀
Separate post on pencil fencing?
– Nope! Hence the magic of the edit button! Love you honey! ; )