Busy busy busy, and I can’t show you guys any of it yet! Insanity! Oh well, enjoy some frog for now.
The show must go on! Fixed that backflip y’all were complaining about, broken frog, and some more concept art.
Much better sand!
And a nice long gamer rant. Feel free to rage quit once the World 3 stuff is shown, lawlz.
Still processing, sand probably won’t look good until it’s in HD.
A short report just to get us back on schedule. A look at a very new / rough level, with some new effects I’m adding.
A look at some concept art. Sorry for the light content on this one, if I had more to show off, I would have made sure the video was on time!
A closer look at the bonus rooms in World 3, and how they relate to the overall game. And a few other things…
Remember to view the video on YouTube for awesome next gen HD quality!
Also, go buy Mario Galaxy 2, it’s awesome.
A look at the new advanced mechanics added to World 2’s boring old moving platform system. And a revisit of a more polished parrot. And a glitch related to something I haven’t even shown off yet, oh joy!
Yay! A Monday night / Tuesday morning update!
And no I don’t know when it / a beta will be released!!! ANGRY FAIC
No release date yet lawlz!
Posting this from the Newgrounds office. AfroNinja demonstrates a new level! Happy Pico Day!
Shot from my iPhone, but better than nothing!
For reference, this is specifically what I’m responding to:
I’ll admit, the last 30 seconds are by far the best part of this report…
Wow, somehow the video ended up being 16 minutes and I didn’t even realize it… I’ll just have to upload it in two parts…
Woot! We’re 3 for 3! This one went pretty well on the first go, so I didn’t have to redub this, hopefully it sounds a little more natural than the first 2, and hopefully that that’s actually a good thing.
A little less to show off in this one, I’m more looking for feedback this time around, so fire away!
(by feedback I mean what you think of everything in video, not new ideas, trust me I have too many ideas as it is :P)
I was going to wait for the HD version to kick it, but that’s taking forever. Oh well. Enjoy!
And don’t forget to check out Toy Tanks!
Hopefully this is the first in a series of progress reports on World 3. I know I never post as much info about the development of World 3 as I’d like to, so I’m going to make an effort to consistently post updates on development. Hopefully I’ll be able to make these on a weekly basis.
To start off, we have:
– Advanced pencil combat and movement techniques.
– What exists so far of the sword fighting pirate baddie.
– Combat with flying enemy concept
– First video of Squiggleville 🙂
Next video should be much more interesting, got a few things I’m working on that hopefully everyone will like.
View the video from YouTube to watch it in HD!
Remember, it’s just a teaser! There’s no baddies yet that actually take advantage of the combat, and very limited audio, but I wanted you guys to be able to check out the bunch of animation I’ve been working on for way too long now.
Sometimes you just gotta go a-stompin’…
Video Q&A (to make this easier on me, gonna try and answer the more general questions here):
How does sheathing the pencil work?
– He does it automatically during normal levels, after running a bit, or jumping. No separate button, but for now, ducking forces a sheath.
Does this mean that old levels are getting redone for World 3
– Maybe, maybe not, I just still like the first level of the first world of FPA, haha. Soooo much better with the newer physics, too.
Should FPA carrying the pencil on his back instead of it disappearing?
– Probably, I’ll have to do some tests, as long as it’s not distracting.
Is there a separate key for using the pencil?
– Yeah, it’s A or D right now. All the moves are done by either tapping or holding one of them. So it’s only one button, just set to either of those right now.
Can the ricochet scratches hit other enemies?
– They better, would be a wasted opportunity if they didn’t 😀 Might have to fiddle with the trajectory to make that easier.
Parts that take specific advantage of the pencil? / Many baddie sections
Bring back those hideous and terribly drawn flying dog / dragon things from World 1!
– I really should, huh? Man, those were embarrassing…
Will there be a running attack?
– There certainly should be, there isn’t one animated now, though.
XBox Live and/or PSN?
– I’d sure love to. But yeah, that’s a full port there. Regardless, I want World 3 to be as good if not better than most games that come out on either of those services 😀
Separate post on pencil fencing?
– Nope! Hence the magic of the edit button! Love you honey! ; )
Should be a good year for Fancy Pants Man!
Rural Squiggleville. I’m still experimenting the exact graphic style of World 3, so this is still pretty rough, but I’d love to get some early feedback from everyone out there. The idea is to refine the style and art, but keep everything looking handdrawn, which is no where near as easy to do as I had hoped it would be. I know I’m a much better animator than background artist, but hey, might as well try, right?
And remember, that’s 5 independently scrolling backgrounds there, just like in the swimming videos. Far more work, but I’d say the parallax effect is worth it.
Squiggleville Mark III: